New users can be created directly from the Admin Menu by following these steps:
- Select Users from the Admin Menu
- Click the Create Button
- Complete the required Fields in the setup window, and click Save.
- Username - (required) This must a unique name within your domain. We recommend using email addresses since they are always unique.
- Password - (required) System Administrators may use this field to assign or reset a user's password.
- First Name (required)
- Middle Name (optional)
- Last Name (required)
- Primary Email (optional) - An email address is required if you intend to use the OWL TMS to send notifications
- Alternate Email (optional)
- Sync ID (optional) This field can be descriptive or it can be used for integration with other systems, or OWL Admin Import purposes.
- Groups (required) - User's defined role or set of permissions within the OWL TMS. A user may have more than one role.
Learn more: Types of Users Help Page
- Languages (optional) - You can assign language(s) to your users, this field is descriptive only.
- Classes (optional) - You can assign a user to a class. When you assign a user to a class they will get all of the assignments for that class.
Note: You can also add the User to the class roster by accessing the Class Roster page.
- Departments (optional) - For domain organization purposes.